Your Book, Your Profits, Our Name
Make your book a reality and bring it to market with Surrogate Press Publishing Package.
We publish your book, you own the rights and receive all the profits. (Click here for a sample contract.)
One-time charge starting at $1,675*. Price includes book interior design and publishing services (cover design is extra and through our design partner, Cosmic Design, click here for more information).
Services include (all under the imprint of Surrogate Press):
Book Interior Design Services Included in Package:
- Custom interior design that is unique to your book.
- You work one-on-one with our interior designer for personalized service.
- Size and style consultation.
- Professional design and layout of the entire interior of your book.
- Custom stylistic elements including drop caps, page flourishes and ornaments, along with call out text if desired.
- Includes formatting and placements for up to 10 author-supplied images (includes graphs and other visual information).
- A print-ready version of your book’s interior set to your printer’s specifications. We are familiar with the guidelines of the popular print-on-demand printing companies such as Kindle Direct Publishing and IngramSpark.
- We will work with your cover designer to ensure proper cover formatting and size.
- Two hours of author-requested revisions after initial proof submission. Extra time for revisions is available for an additional fee.
- Price includes up to 300 manuscript pages, letter-sized, double-spaced, 12-point font. Cost will be $1.50 per additional manuscript page.
- We send you the final electronic files for you to upload to your printer.
- Price does not include cover design. We recommend that you use our design partner, Cosmic Design, click here for more information. Surrogate Press must approve cover art before publishing.
Publishing Services included in package (all under the imprint of Surrogate Press):
- ISBN number registration.
- Library of Congress registration.
- Copyright filing on behalf of the author. The author retains ownership of the copyright and all other book-related licensing.
- Coordination of proofing / printing and eBook creation (if optioned).
- Barcode for the printed book.
- Kindle Direct Publishing account set up in your name and upload of finished products for sale on Amazon for paperback books and for ordering printed books for your own distribution. You cover all printing costs.
- Distribution with IngramSpark for paperback books.**
- Print-ready files if working with a traditional printer. You cover all printing costs.
- A listing as part of the Surrogate Press® catalog with author and book page on our website.
- An introductory press release and sales sheet to promote your book.
- Design files for other promotional materials that you can have printed. This includes a bookmark or postcard, business card, and signage to use at book event design files.
- Guide for “What’s Next” for marketing and selling your book.
- Author page set up on Goodreads and with Amazon Author.
- * Manuscript review and final proofing fees may apply for unapproved manuscripts.
What you get:
- You hold all the rights to your book and related materials.
- You keep ALL** the money from the sales of your book.
- You become a published author with a book that you can promote and sell.
Additional Publishing Items Included with Package:
- Surrogate Press will be the sole publisher of your book in name only, thus allowing you to retain all royalties and income generated by sales of your book.
- Author agrees to be responsible for all liabilities (including, but not limited to legal, financial, and intellectual property) related to any third party disputes over the legal ownership of any and all rights to the book after it has been published by Surrogate Press.
- Author assumes sole responsibility for decisions and actions related to the promotion, distribution, and the marketing of the book.
- The Author will be solely responsible for all costs incurred in the publication of the book, including, but not limited to, those related to printing, marketing, sales, and distribution.
- The Author will be responsible for all taxes and business expenses related to the sale of the Book.
- The author will be solely responsible for the cost, receipt, storage and distribution of the book.
Additional Layout Services (for an extra fee):
- eBook formatting that includes linked table of contents and other requested hyperlinks: $150.
- Topic indexing: starting at $100.
- Photo and cook books: Add $225 plus image formatting. Includes formatting and placements for up to 10 author-supplied images.
- Additional image formatting and placement: $10 per image.
- Extra time for revisions is available for an additional fee of $75 per hour.
- We will work with your cover designer to coordinate size and page count. Incomplete cover files are subjected to a $75 per hour fee to set to book specifications.
All covers must be approved by Surrogate Press.
You are welcome to use a cover designer of your choice, however, all covers must be approved by Surrogate Press and we must have the native design files and you must have all rights and ownership of the cover.
Or, you can use our cover designer, Cosmic Design. We will be able to better coordinate interior and exterior design, we will have all of the native files, you will have ownership of the artwork, and will end up with a high-quality, unique, professionally-designed cover.
All cover contracts and payments will be through Cosmic Design.
For sample contracts and addendums please click here.
* There are added fees for full-color photo and cook books. Author-requested revisions will have extra charges as well. All extra charges will be approved ahead of time.
** We charge a small process fee for all payments received through Ingram Spark.
*** See the document “How it Works” for additional information and requirements.